- Title: "Modular Snake Robots"
- Event: Training on modular robot
- Speaker: Dr. Juan González-Gómez
- Duration: 30h
- Place: National Robotics & Intelligent Systems Center. King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST). Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Date: March, 8th/2011
Some of our current research on the locomotion of modular snake robots are introduced. The control algorithm developed are bio-inspired. They are based on simplified Central Pattern Generators (CPGs) working as sinusoidal generators that enables the robot to perform locomotion gaits such as rolling, sidewinding and rotating among others. Different configurations of modular robots will be explained and some live demonstration will be performed.
- Thanks to Dr. Khalid Aldakkan, head of the National Robotics & Intelligent Systems Center, for inviting me to give the conference
- Thanks to Dr. Eball H. Ahmad for his kindness and all the time he spent with Houxiang and me. I really appreciate it.
- Thanks to al the people at the National Robotics center. I really enjoyed a lot my time with all of you.
- Thanks to Prof. Houxiang Zhang for counting on me for the training on modular robots. Thank you very much ;-)
- Thank to Prof. Mohamed Abderrahim for the original slides he gave to me for the preparation of this talk
- March/19/2011. This page is published